Covered California (http://www.coveredca.com) the State health care marketplace put into place as a result of the federal Affordable Care Act, offers health plans to all Californians.
Fenix Health Medical Group doctors accepts the Blue Shield and HealthNet plans only offered through Covered California.
- Open Enrollment is October 15 – January 31 (subject to change). If you do not enroll during this period, you will not be assured a health plan will cover you.
- You may enroll during the open enrollment period on the website, www.CoveredCA.com, or contact a Covered California certified insurance agent to help you pick the plan. .
- There is a tax penalty for not having insurance. If you do not have coverage, there is a significant tax penalty. Learn more about the tax penalty here: https://www.coveredca.com/individuals-and-families/getting-covered/penalty-and-exemptions/
- Outside of Open Enrollment, you may be eligible for Special Open Enrollment for life events such as marriage, losing coverage (ie lost a job), a new baby, and other reasons. Learn more here: https://www.coveredca.com/individuals-and-families/getting-covered/special-enrollment/
- All Californians can qualify for insurance. People with pre-existing conditions will be accepted, at no additional charge.
- Many people will qualify for subsidies for a reduced monthly premium. https://www.coveredca.com/see-if-you-qualify-for-financial-help/
- Four plans types of plans are available. Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. They offer co-pays at different rates per each type of plan, depending on the monthly premium cost. Basically, the higher the monthly premium you pay, the lower the co-pays will be.
- People can enroll for Medi-Cal now, or through the Marketplace. Depending on income, people may qualify for Medi-Cal insurance at no cost to them. To apply for Medi-Cal and other state programs now, go to www.c4yourself.com.
- If you have a life-changing event such as the loss of a job, death of a spouse or birth of a child, you would be eligible for special enrollment. The opportunity for people who experience a life-changing event, to sign up immediately in an employer's health plan, even if it is outside of the plan's specified enrollment period within 60 days of the event.